Search :
  
 
 
 

 

Tabuk History

Tabuk is situated in northwestern Saudi Arabia, Tabuk is the provincial capital and headquarters of the Governor of the Tabuk region, local councils and branches of various governmental departments. The city is spread over an area of 104,000 square kilometers.

The region's ancient history dates back to 1500 BC. It is believed that the region of Tabuk was the land of Madyan and Dadan mentioned in the Holy Books. It was known by the name Taboo when, with the town of Al Ola, it was the capital a prosperous state in the region.

During the prosperous Saudi era, Tabuk has became famous for its agricultural products, particularly flowers. The region's flower exports to Europe include gladiola, lilies and statices. Currently, it is Saudi Arabia's leading producer of grapes and wheat.

Tabuk's historic monuments include the mosque in which the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, performed his prayers during the battle of Tabuk. There is also the Tabuk fortress and the Hijaz Railway Station (the line which linked Al Madinah Al Munawarrah with Damascus during the Ottoman Era).

Al Bidaa is an important archeological town of glorious history. Its rich civilization is reflected in the numerous caves carved in the mountain. There are also important archeological sites in Al Khuraibah, Rawwafa, Al Muwailih, Al Muzim and Taima. These include historic palaces and fortresses, wells, resting places and water wells.


 
 Powered By : MeshiLogic Software Consultants